Entering a New Season

Posted on January 3, 2011 / by Trip Lee

For the past seven years, God has given me the opportunity to glorify Jesus through the medium of Hip-hop.  I've been privileged to release three solo albums, and I've been a part of numerous compilation albums.  I've participated in four tours, performed in the states and overseas, and sought to use every opportunity to point to the Good News of Jesus. As if that wasn't enough, I've also been given numerous opportunities to teach and preach in a wide variety of places.  And all of this while pursuing a degree!  When I sit back and reflect on all the Lord has done, I'm truly blown away.  I'm deeply grateful to God for EVERY opportunity He has given me.  From the small block parties with fifteen in attendance, to the packed out tour dates with thousands--I consider each opportunity to be a precious gift.  I want to thank each of you that has so consistently supported us over these years.  God has given us grace to go hard for the glory of Jesus, and I don't intend on stopping any time soon.

One of the things you consistently hear in our music is a desire to keep Christ as our main focus, not albums.  My deepest desire is to see Christ glorified, and I want to be faithful to the ways He's calling me to serve.  As some of you know, I desire to serve in pastoral ministry (1 Timothy 3).  An opportunity has come up for me to take part in an internship aimed at teaching and training men for this noble task.  I jumped at the opportunity to sit and learn from men who've faithfully served in ministry for years.  This particular internship is unique in that it includes both learning about the church and watching what I'm learning being put into action.  The program marries reading and thinking about what God calls for from His church and observing how a healthy church seeks to flesh those things out.

In order to take full advantage of this internship, I will not be doing any concerts or working on any music, with very few exceptions.   I consider it a more-than-worthy sacrifice because this program will mature me and prepare me for future service of God and His people.  The internship will also be a unique season for me, because I will not be in any leadership positions, nor will I do any teaching or preaching.  Therefore, I will have the opportunity to just sit and glean and to serve in less "glamorous" ways.  I think it will be good for my heart to be away from the "spotlight" for a season.  So in addition to taking a break from touring, I will also be taking a break from Twitter, Facebook, and all the ways I keep in contact with those of you who support us.  This will allow me to posture myself strictly as a learner and take full advantage of the season ahead of me.

However, I have prepared a series of blogs and new songs that will be posted on the site during my time away. You can expect a post from me every 1st and 3rd Tuesday here on ReachRecords.com.  Some of the good folks here at Reach will have access to my Twitter and Facebook during this five months to give you guys reminders.

This all begins next week.  So please pray for my wife and me during this time--that God would teach us, grow us, and prepare us for a life in His service.

Grace and Peace

Jack said:
Good for you man. I will definitely be praying for you. Your music is such a blessing, I am sure your other ministry will be as well.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:28am
Aaquil said:
awesome.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:34am
@jon_stem said:
Awesome. Ur willingness to follow the call and make sacrifices along the way is an inspiration. Praying for you!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:36am
Chunky c said:
Do ya thing kid!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:37am
Michael said:
This is monumental. Excited for you, love you bro.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:38am
Tanya said:
Amen. More power to u, and may the grace of God be upon ur life in ways never seen before. I pray the Lord opens doors even more than what he's already opened, and bless you and your family ten fold. We'll miss you!!
Sincerely,
A fan
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:38am
Jon said:
Bless God. That's what's up! Def praying for you and your family.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:39am
Jay Stafford said:
A true example for us all to follow. No matter where you have been positioned, Trip, you are proving you are what you proclaim by constantly pursuing Jesus. You've always illustrated that you live for Christ, and you are painting a viv
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:40am
3xodu said:
Thats what up my Guy I like this. . .real talk
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:40am
Terrell said:
congrats brother. the wisdom to lead...is the wisdom to follow...
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:40am
Synamon treco said:
Grate Work in your success in life!
Will pray for You and Your wife aswell =]
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:40am
Ap said:
Congrats & good luck on your journey! I will hold you down in the streets with your classic records.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:41am
joseph said:
man?ur deep,im from kenya n u guys gyv us hop 4 Jesus,u remind us guys of the higher calin. May God bles u in ministry n in evry aspect of lyf. He's with you man. God bless
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:41am
kisstheson said:
Yeah, Godbless and be with you and your wife, really enjoy your music bro... may God increase grace in your lives to growing in Him in this season.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:41am
Angel said:
We will be praying for you during this time in your life. We completely understand how you feel, because we are here to serve God.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:42am
Dan said:
Way to remain true to what your music is about: doing what God desires us to do for HIM, through his son, Jesus Christ.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:42am
John said:
Good Luck man. I will be praying for you and your wife.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:43am
Chere said:
I'll be praying for you as well. Music lasts forever and I know your music will continue to bless this world while God is blessing you in this season in your life. Stay encouraged and God Bless!!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:44am
Daisy sibale said:
its so nice that you guys have a blog now.....here in malawi we love your music so much....i have every album.....we young and unshamed here....and its so exciting to know flame is coming over....every one is so excited!!!!!!we will continue praying for you and your family trip...you guys might not have any idea about how greatly you have changed our lives....may God greatly bless you....

daisy.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:44am
Ben said:
These next five months will be precious and rewarding for you and your family. You will come out of this time with a G5 force I am quite sure. Godspeed!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:44am
Ashley said:
Congrats on your internship you'll do great!! I will pray for you and your journey!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:44am
Andrew said:
I commend you for this decision and I pray that you receive what God has planned for you on your journey. I, myself, have a very rough road ahead of me. Along with Trip, to anyone else reading this, please keep Trip and myself in prayer. Thank you Trip for all the music and teachings you have given to us. Glory to God!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:45am
Sherronda said:
U are truly blessed and it is such a blessing that you will have this opportunity. It seems like it will be a very humbling experience. We all know that when God says go, we should ho. So I support every aspect of your calling. I pray that you and your wife gain everything you need through this experience according to tha will of God. Stay blessed!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:46am
nAY said:
THATS AWESOME THAT YOU ARE TAKING THIS OPP FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS YOU THRU THIS INTERNSHIP AND ONWARD THRU YOUR FUTURE MINISTRY!!! GO HARD FOR THE LORD!!!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:46am
Tsholo Mhlanga said:
Thank u, we(as a member of the Body & also fan) look forward to benefiting frm ur experience wether directly or indirectly. Praying and your wife a full experience of God Godness thru this season& beyond.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:46am
Mark King said:
Man...that's what's up, Trip! I was just about to try to work on getting you and Lecrae in Orlando for one of our games this year! Maybe we can just get Lecrae! Your music has been very influential for me, my family and friends, and even the Florida Flight (http://www.flighthoops.com). It's good to have a high quality Christian alternative to offer hip-hop heads! Praying for you man!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:47am
Barry B. from P4CM said:
Man I think this is an awesome opportunity, and all my prayers go to you and your wife. I think its amazing how you look at it as well. I know that God is doing something amazing to impact you, as you impact the world with your worship. We are all rooting for you and know that God will allow his will to be done upon this opportunity. Thank you for your many blessing that you've given through your music and will keep you in prayer brotha.!..
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:47am
jon ruby said:
Way to follow Jesus. Thank-you for this example of serving and the cost of discipleship. It costs nothing to be saved but everything to be discipled. May God bless you in this time.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:48am
Mark King said:
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:49am
Mark King said:
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:49am
Tiffany Beaumont said:
I have to say you are an awesome writer and you are in my prayers! I know that you will excel in everything thing that you do for christ! I thank god for giving you the opportunity to make all these awesome songs because i don't know what I would be jammin to every morning and night! God bless!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:50am
Xavier Scott said:
Aye Trip Lee,
Do ya thang man. Gods got somethin good for u bro so just follow in his footsteps and im sure during this time, u will definitly grow, as well as ur wife also. Godbless u bro
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:50am
MIKE said:
I look up to you sir much respect... I'll keep you in my prayers!!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:50am
musawashe said:
May the Lord continue guidin you big brother!!!! Ill sure pray for u so u can continue to minister
In the perfectin of us "Saints"
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:51am
leonard said:
congrats, thank you for your work so far and i pray that u do much more in whatever it is god has called you to do
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:51am
Darius Cummings said:
May open up your mind and heart to the newness of this season of learning for you soak it all in bretheren !!!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:54am
Little sailor said:
That's awesome and have really bless me to hear this. A man that understand the spot light can sometimes cause bad vision. I believe in you and reach artists.I keep say that for all christian rappers. Blessing upon you bro.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:56am
Gilbert said:
I will miss you and all other folks that love you here in Malawi. I'll be praying for you.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:56am
Shidell Richardson said:
"We gotta grow we can't stay in the same place we gotta grow we gotta stay seekin He's face"....We have your music for a life time, so weither you come back or not the words that you harmonize is the oracles of God....so contiue to seek the source of He's wiosdom.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:57am
Collin Weathington said:
That is amazing....May God Bless u and your family in your journey..we will continue to keep u in our prayers.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:59am
Mercedez said:
i think this a wonderful thing you are doing and i wish you and your wife nothing but the best of blessing i pray that this internship helps you and leads you to the places you want and need to be supporting you all the way!!!!! God Bless
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Mark King said:
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Mark King said:
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Brad said:
AMEN AND GOD BLESS!!!! THANKS FOR THE GREAT MUSIC, GOD BLESS YOU ON YOUR NEW JOURNEY!!!!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:03pm
Nki said:
Love the humility. Keep drawing close to God & He'll draw close to you. God bless you fam!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:05pm
Pasquale said:
After the music stops, amen. Trip, this is a good example for all these young dudes coming up who may not admit it but want more to be church rap stars than Godly Young Men. I have always appreciated your preaching ministry over the past 2 years when I heard you at Epiphany & PBU and believe God will use you in this capacity in the future, go with God's Grace in Christ, brotheren!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:09pm
James Sims IV said:
very dope man. Godspeed homaay.
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:11pm
Link said:
Dang Trip, you'll def be in my prayers. Really excited to see what God wants to do in your life. Miss ya though. Guess I'll have to hold onto Between Two Worlds for awhile. Haha love ya man
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Kee said:
Amen!! God bless you & your wife bro!
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Uchizeƫ said:
Wishin u all tha best, Trip! I pray that God wil continue 2 use u in every wae that He simply cn. I also nd wil also continue prayn dat He wil giv u a longing 2 get even deeper into Him nd 2 giv u an incredible thrist for His Word. Keep ur candle burnin. Prayn 4 u nd ur wife. All tha wae 4rm Malawi,ur sista in Christ,Zeë :).
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:17pm