Department Description: The A&R Department operates as the primary source of record making and vision casting with the artists. The department as a whole is responsible for locating and signing new talent and continuing to make records for currently signed artists.
High Level Job Description: The A&R Manager is expected to oversee the administrative duties of the A&R department and assist with the creative execution of projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Document and file writer and publishing splits for all songs being released
- Compile credits and liner notes for all songs
- File management of tracks, songs, and hooks received from producers and writers
- Update contract templates with correct information and prep for signatures
- Help oversee administration of recording budgets
- Submit invoices to accounts payable for payment processing
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and transportation logistics for sessions, special guests, and creative clients, etc
- Assist with scheduling and booking recording sessions
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with other Reach Records staff
- Act as a talent scout for the A&R Staff
- Hunt & collect hit songs and tracks for artists on the roster
- Create and deliver weekly and monthly reports with the highest quality of tracks from producers and songwriters around the world
- Develop strong artist relationships quickly and consistently
- Assist in the creative direction of assigned projects
- Communicate effectively with talent, producers, and songwriters
Required Skills & Competencies:
*Must have an extensive network within all levels of the music industry (i.e. managers, lawyers, publishers, booking agents, songwriters, producers, independent labels & publicists)
*Must have STRONG relationships with quality up and coming producers and songwriters
*Must have experience in the music business, a deep knowledge of hip-hop music and music trends.
- Very organized with use of email and file management
- Great communicator
- Ability to oversee studio sessions effectively
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Have a working knowledge of Pro Tools (not essential)
Click Here to Apply.